Beauty Hair Care – Professional Tips
Why is your hair such a nightmare to look after? Well it doesn’t have to be that way if you carefully apply and consider the following beauty hair care tips and advice.
Firstly, everyone is different, each with their own skin type, hair type and their own levels of sebum (oil) produced by their scalp. So make sure you understand your hair type before proceeding with any beauty hair care tips from anyone.
Note: The environment in which you work and the weather in your country can also play its part in your hair condition.
Tips and advice are broken down into three categories, for: Dry, Oily & Fine hair types.
How to know if you have dry hair: Likely to have a dry scalp (itchy scalp) unlikely to have shiny / oily hair.
– Try your very best to avoid blow drying or straightening your hair (remember your scalp is suffering from dryness)
– If you can’t avoid blow drying your hair make sure you apply a good level of heat protection spray
– Try not to over use colour in your hair, if you have to then apply a colouring product made specifically for dry hair
– You are likely to need a rich conditioner that will feed your scalp and leave on for a short while before rinsing (4-7 minutes) – condition frequently
– Use moisturising shampoos and gently work into the scalp (made specifically for dry hair)
How to know if you have oily hair: no guessing that your hair will look oily or greasy.
– Similar to the dry hair advice, find a shampoo that is developed for oily hair this will extract excess oil from the hair and make it look bouncy and healthy
– Avoid running fingers through your hair or itching the scalp as this will make your hair even more oily
– Do not over condition your scalp is producing more than enough moisture.
– If you do use conditioner avoid roots of the hair
How to know if you have fine hair: Your hair maybe looking lifeless / thinning / weak or excessive hair fall. These are usually indicators that the hair is not being looked after properly.
– Try to use volume related products: Good volume / body shampoo will make a remarkable difference immediately
– Try to avoid conditioner this will accelerate thinning and take out the body of the hair that the shampoo has added
– Again like for oily hair advice if you do decide to use conditioner keep well away from the roots
Take time before you purchase any products, understand your hair and try to use the above tips to look after the hair. Also another big factor is your diet as the hair is 90% protein you may not be feeding it the necessary vitamins (check out my blog and this is also discussed).
Don’t get caught up in the marketing material for products (sometimes they look amazing) just may not be right for your hair type or you. Also get your hair cut on a regular basis.