5 Strategies For Beautiful Hair
It is everyone’s dream to have beautiful hair. Women spend hours at the hairdresser and beauty shops doing just that. However you can have a beautiful head of hair without going to expensive salons and spending hours being preened by your hairdresser. The most important thing to care about is actually your scalp. This is where many of the problems with your hair begin. Here are 5 strategies to help you.
- Brushing your hair: do not just tear at your hair when you brush it. Give it firm but gentle strokes. The old adage of giving your hair 100 strokes is not wrong; in fact it is very good for your hair. It increases the blood flow to your scalp, gets rid of old dead skin cells and supplies the hair with sebum. Always brush your hair before you wash it.
- Massaging your scalp: This is done using the tips of your fingers and making circular movements. You should do this on a daily basis. Doing a daily massage will bring the blood to your scalp and help to lubricate your scalp.
- Washing your hair: Try not to wash your hair daily. This will dry out your scalp and stimulate your sebum glands. This will make your hair too oily and irritate your scalp. Always be careful when choosing a shampoo. It should match your hair type. Remember what works for your best friend may not necessarily work for you. When washing your hair do not pile it up always let it hang down when shampooing. Prior to applying shampoo, wet your hair with warm water using a gentle force of water from the shower. Massage the shampoo into your scalp and gently rub it into your hair. Rinse with warm water, not hot, and handle hair gently to remove shampoo. When you use your conditioner just apply to ends and roots of your hair. Towel dry your hair gently and air dry. Do not sleep in wet hair. Never brush wet hair.
- Conditioning: use a conditioner when you shampoo. To apply this type of conditioner wash your hair and apply it to your ends. This will stop your ends from drying out. It will also keep your hair in the best possible condition. Tangles and knots can also be controlled with a good conditioner. Every week try to apply a deep conditioner. Coconut oil is good for this purpose. Wash your hair and then apply your conditioner. Wrap your hair in a warm towel, to open the hair follicles, for 10 minutes. Then rinse with warm water to rinse off the conditioner after this rinse with cool water, to close the hair follicles.
- Trimming your hair: This should be done every 6 weeks for short hair and 8 weeks for long hair. This will stop split ends from building up and stimulates your hair to grow.
When you take care of your hair you will be taking care of your greatest asset. It will ensure that you have beautiful lovely locks for every occasion.
Copyright 2009 Kim Snyder, owner Overall Beauty Minerals Home of the famous Magic Lash Eyelash Enhancer! Offering BB Couture nail polish in the hottest trendiest colors ever! The only place in America for now that offers Natural Empathy natural skincare product line straight out of the UK!